The GS4 software is included with the system and provides a complete project-based solution; acquisition, storing and editing of sonar and ancillary data, grid-based patch test calibration, data processing, advanced bathymetry data gridding, side scan mosaicing and 3-D data visualisation. Filter algorithms provide real-time processed data with minimum user intervention even in difficult survey situations involving vertical structures, shipwrecks and steep seabed slopes.
Dual Sonar Head
The transducers are available in a choice of three frequencies: 125, 250, 500 kHz, varying in depth performance and data resolution depending on the survey task. A wide range of motion reference units (MRU) and sound velocity sensors (SVS) can be mounted on the compact head. This has been designed for easy deployment on a supplied pole for over-the side or bow-mount options. Alternatively, the transducers can be deployed on bespoke boat hull installations as well as ROV, AUV and USV assemblies.
The GeoSwath 4 turn-key solution comprises a compact dual transducer head as standard with versatile mounting options. The newly developed deck unit contains the complete sonar electronics together with a high spec PC, running the new GS4 software. This provides full acquisition, calibration and data processing capabilities for producing the final bathymetry map and side scan mosaic. All customary ancillary sensors can be directly interfaced.
The workstation contains the complete system electronics. It has been newly designed for increased performance in a more compact housing. It offers twice the data density compared to its previous versions and increased nadir performance. All peripheral sensors (position, motion, heading, transducer face sound velocity, sound velocity profiler and tide) are interfaced directly.
• Ultra high-resolution wide swath bathymetry with increased data density
• IHO SP-44, special order 1a
• Up to 12 times water depth seabed coverage
• 240° field of view – up to the water line
• Twice the data density compared to previous versions and best nadir resolution ever
• Co-registered geo-referenced side scan
• Ability to collect calibrated side scan for analysis with 3rd party software
• Repeatable results for seabed classification and monitoring
• New GS4 software – included with the system
• Automated filter algorithm
• Real time results
• Frequency versions: 125, 250, 500 kHz
• AUV, ROV and USV versions
• GeoSwath 4R – Rugged version
• Range of mounting options including underwater housing for peripheral sensors
• Range of peripheral sensors
• Special rates on third party software